Thursday 21 April 2011

The Pietà















hello classmate today I speak about of my fauvorite sculpture is called the pieta
this sculpture was made for Miguel Angel when he was twenty fours years old.
He cardenal Jean Belhires Lagraulas he miguel angel contact for make the sculpture,
but the Cardenal died before, he never saw the sculpture, in the other hand the sculpture
was placed in the tomb of the cardenal in the basilica of San Gustavo.

however this sculpture show a one virgim holding of the old man this pieces is perfect because
It can´t do nothing in the sculpture.
In my opinion this sculpture show the piety of the virgim I will like to go vaticano.
and take a fotograph with my camera.

in the other hand, I saw this sculpture when  I was ten years old in the school, my teacher of art Marco Antonio arrived with the sculpture replica, I thought that this scuplture was very amazing.

Spite of, I like this sculpture because is moving always that I see the pieta I remenber the virgim María
holding a christ. also the virgim has life she shows compassion and light.

sometimes I think like someone did something so perfect. I believe that Miguel Angel was a big Master of
this age.

bye.

3 comments:

  1. he sculpt this when he was 24 years old! in my life i have done something like this, even in plasticine.
    One time i see in internet an photographer that he was one night complete taking pictures of this sculpture, the pictures are awesomes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this sculture, I like because you see in the picture and you thing is a very big sculture, but really the sculture is small, long arround 200 cm, comparative whit others scultures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you choose a sculture? Great, congratulations. Actually is not tipical that somebody likes scultures.

    see you in class

    ReplyDelete